INTERIM HEAD OF FP&A FOR FTSE250 ENGINEERING FIRM
Apply for this job as a guest or log in to use your profile
INTERIM HEAD OF FP&A FOR FTSE250 ENGINEERING FIRM
The creation of a group FP&A function is part of a major restructuring of the finance function as well as company more broadly. At the heart of this restructuring has been the intent to build an even more innovative, commercial and agile organization that continues to stand out as a leader in its field. As such, a key purpose of the FP&A role is to provide the CFO with group-wide, insightful and actionable data on company performance, as well as advice on which levers will materially impact the performance of the business. The head of FP&A will need to provide in-depth analysis on margins, growth options and what areas (e.g. product lines, services or geographies) require particular attention – either to achieve further growth or to address opportunities of improvement.
The Head of FP&A will be responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting and analytics, offering data-driven insights and recommendations, and driving operational excellence in the finance function. Additionally, the Head of FP&A will be responsible for supporting new corporate development for the company. This highly visible role will partner with the CEO, CFO and executive leadership team to analyse the portfolio, set strategies to generate value and lead the execution of key initiatives.
We are looking for someone with an outstanding appreciation of a best-in-class FP&A function and who is excited at the prospect of shaping this newly created role. They will be part of a newly forming, highly collaborative and energized finance team and an organization that is excited about its future potential.
It is important that the Head of FP&A will be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, identify issues in a timely manner, communicate proactively with key stakeholders, and take the necessary steps to drive to a solution. We are looking for a business partner who has a high level of intellectual curiosity and is extremely strong at connecting the dots.
The role will also be responsible for supporting the creation of FP&A roles and the discipline into each of the Business Unit Finance teams. Given the significant changes over the past 18-24 months, the company resembles somewhat that of a start-up, and the company will want to bring someone on board who thrives in a “brownfield” environment and helps shape the company’s future beyond their specific role.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
The Head of FP&A will work collaboratively with the other members of the Finance team to:
• Act as a driving force behind financial management, embedding a new understanding of what financial performance means and developing standardised reporting to focus on performance at the enterprise and business level.
• Develop clear and forward-looking recommendations based on deep insights into and analysis of current business performance.
• Build a strong relationship with CFO, as well as the business unit finance executives, and understand the business’ strategic and operating plans, while developing approaches to support objective decision-making across all aspects of business performance that align with the financial plans.
• Provide a specific focus on developing and producing best practice for the FP&A tools, systems and processes; including building the requirement for a future-state and sponsoring required improvements.
• Provide strong and authentic leadership as a critical member of the Group Finance leadership team and of the senior leadership group with the ability to operate as a key member to build the finance function’s effectiveness and influence in the business.
• Execute the annual planning process with responsibility for delivering the annual plans, budget, quarterly forecasts, and monthly outlooks.
• Improve the analytics capability, providing business insights to the CEO, CFO, and the broader executive leadership team as well as the Board.
• Liaise with the financial reporting team to ensure alignment of actuals and forecasts and overall accuracy of numbers.
• Act as the ‘right-hand’ of the Group CFO in terms of forward-looking numbers, including performing ad hoc analysis as required.
• Continually improve financial management with the ability to influence across the business in support of the long-term strategic ambition and short-term goals and targets.
• Previous experience in a similar FP&A role.
• Prior experience within industrial manufacturing i.e., speciality chemicals, auto or steel sectors is preferable, although not essential.
• CIMA (or equivalent) qualified and registered.
• Happy to undertake the role on FTC basis.
• Eligibility to work in the UK.
• Excellent checkable references.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and confident Executive Assistant to join an FTSE 250 global manufacturing company, supporting two of their Executives (the CFO and CHRO). The...
EXPERIENCED STEWARDESS NEEDED FOR 56M PRIVATE/ CHARTER SAILING YACHT CURRENTLY IN EUROPESchedule: Med Summer - Winter TBC - possibility of Pacific early next yearStart Date: 30th May We are looking...
A lovely family of 4 in Central London are looking to appoint an energetic, versatile, and experienced part-time live-out Housekeeper for their four-storey, 6-bedroom family home. The ideal candidate will...