HOUSE MANAGER/BUTLER FOR HIGH-PROFILE UHNWI
Apply for this job as a guest or log in to use your profile
HOUSE MANAGER/BUTLER FOR HIGH-PROFILE UHNWI
This is a very hands-on role where you will be responsible for not only managing and but also providing impeccable standards of service, leading from the front and assisting the team with all of their duties.
The current household staff team consists of approximately 20 staff, many of whom have been with the principal for a number of years. The principal has impeccable standards across his properties and you will be responsible to ensure those are maintained at all times.
Predominately London based, this is a live-out position with accommodation provided whilst staying at alternative residences. Usual working hours are 09:30 to 21:00 Monday to Friday, one weekend per month required also, as well as some flexibility required at times.
· Management of all household operations including two London residences & a property outside of London
· Occasional trips to principal’s European residences
· Ensuring all properties are fully supplied, maintaining household lists and inventories
· Engaging and overseeing outside contractors, service providers and suppliers
· Overseeing tasks and performance of household staff, including work schedules and performance reviews
· Financial management, budget administration, and purchasing
· Butler and table service to the principal and guests
· Care of valuables, such as antiques, art etc
· Maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness of the properties
· Event planning and coordination
· Clothing and wardrobe management, including management of cleaning and laundry standards
· Accurate and timely administration and reporting.
· Always being available when the principal is in the UK and in residence (typically 6-7 months of the year)
· Preparing the properties appropriately for when the principal is in residence – down to ensuring details such as flowers, cosmetics and dietary supplements are in their correct places
· Assisting all other house staff as necessary, including daily cleaning
· Management of consumables (lightbulbs etc)
· Running errands as required
· Managing visitors and deliveries
· Working alongside all household staff including other butlers, housekeepers, cleaners, chefs, private secretary and security
· Producing staff rota and schedule
· Ensuring the chefs maintain a clean and well-functioning kitchen
· Ensuring the domestic cleaning staff maintain impeccable standards
· Ensuring the butlers and valets provide a high level of service to the principal and his guests
· Working with the gardening team to ensure the gardens are maintained and produce flowers and kitchen items when needed
· Working with the security team to ensure both properties are secure and safe
· Responsible for training and continued professional development of household staff
· Arranging external trainers to teach staff on aspects of property maintenance, care of artwork, service and other important areas
· Creating written checklists to help staff fulfil their daily duties e.g. evening lights list, daytime windows list
· Running a weekly household staff meeting
· Working closely with the private office to stay across the movements of the principal
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Extensive experience as a Butler to an ultra-high net worth individual.
· Experience of household and property, or yacht operations within a ultra-high net worth environment.
· Demonstrable background in setting and maintaining impeccable standards
· Excellent standard of verbal and written English
· Hands-on approach, willing to be personally involved in all household operations
· Polished and well-presented and an ambassador for the principals
· Excellent attention to detail
· Positive and can-do attitude
· Flexible in approach, and adaptable to new ways of working
· Team player who enjoys working with different types of people
· Copes well with last-minute requests
· Trustworthy, works discreetly and handles confidential information appropriately
· Happy to travel at short notice, sometimes for extended periods
· An interest in interior design
· Strong negotiation skills
· Excellent checkable reference
If this role sounds of interest, and you meet the essential criteria, please apply within or get in touch to find out more.
BOSUN/OOW REQUIRED FOR A 50m CHARTER MOTOR YACHT Start date: ASAPSchedule: Greece - East MediterraneanThe right candidate will be experienced in deck operations and maintenance on/off charter. A good knowledge...
CHIEF OFFICER REQUIRED FOR A 50m CHARTER MOTOR YACHT Start date: ASAPSchedule: Greece - East MediterraneanThe right candidate will be experienced in deck operations and maintenance on/off charter. A good...
SEASONAL DECK/STEW NEEDED FOR A 50m PRIVATE/CHARTER M/YStart date: ASAPSchedule: Greece - East MediterraneanLooking for an experienced Deck/Stewardess for this 50m Med Based vessel.Deck/Housekeeping/Laundry (50% on Deck – 50% interior....