EXPERIENCED CHIEF OF STAFF FOR UHNW CLIENT
Apply for this job as a guest or log in to use your profile
EXPERIENCED CHIEF OF STAFF FOR UHNW CLIENT
The principal is looking to appoint a consummate professional with a strong work ethic, proactive nature, and exceptional people management skills – having prior family office/private experience of managing teams of 10+ is essential for this role. The principal has a demanding and fluid schedule, and therefore needs a top-class Chief of Staff to support them and their wider family. You will be responsible for overseeing all operations on the Oxfordshire estate, as well as properties abroad, including any renovations and upgrades, liaising directly with contractors and tradesmen.
The ideal candidate will have strong financial acumen, confidently able to manage all operational budgets and expenditure, as well as excellent communication skills in order to oversee all staffing and recruitment matters. You will work collaboratively with the Estate Manager and House Manager to ensure that all staff members are fully trained, performing to optimal efficiency, and happy in their roles. You must be adaptable, flexible, able to multitask and work on-the-go, you will need to have a warm and approachable disposition and be able to build excellent working relationships at all levels.
Working 5 days per week, core working hours are 8am-6pm (including some weekends) but flexibility and out-of-hours on-call availability are essential requirements for this role. A live-out role, you must be a driver with your own car and live within a roughly 15-minute drive of Henley-on-Thames or be happy to relocate to this area.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Managing all bank accounts, making payments, managing statements and credit card reconciliation; budget management
• Liaising with advisors, accountants, and contractors – handling any insurance claims and managing tax records
• Overseeing properties both in the UK and internationally, including bills, insurances, interior design, managing contractors, and maintenance
• Overseeing refurbishments and renovations, managing ongoing projects
• Effective yet professional gatekeeping, ensuring the principal’s time is protected; acting as a point of contact for the principal – liaising with high-profile business and professional associates and establishing strong relationships with all external and internal contacts
• Management of all staff in the UK and internationally, overseeing all staffing procedures, managing staff resources, and providing internal feedback when needed
• Offering support and guidance where needed to the House Manager & Estate Manager
• Liaising with the PA regarding travel arrangements, itineraries, and schedules
• Ensuring Health & Safety/Risk Management procedures are managed appropriately across all properties including necessary certifications and assessments
• Ensure maintenance schedules are maintained and adhered to and any key items are taken care of in a timely manner
• Dealing quickly and responsibly with any issues that arise, as well as handling special requests
• Reviewing and implementing SOPs where required
• On-call availability to support the principal in the smooth running of their estate and various interests
• Extensive prior experience as a Chief of Staff for an UHNWI and ideally prior family office experience
• Demonstrable financial acumen and a professional manner
• Strong communication skills, fluency in English to a mother-tongue level
• Proven experience managing a team of 10+ people, excellent interpersonal skills
• Warm, friendly, and approachable disposition whilst also maintaining professional boundaries
• Knowledge of Health & Safety practices, risk management and insurance policies
• Excellent eye for detail, knowledge of architecture and refurbishment operations
• Exceptionally organised, reliable, and trustworthy
• Proactive, adaptable, and able to work at a fast pace
• Resilient and unflappable
• Flexibility and willingness to travel when required
• On-call availability
• Confident driver with own car and full, clean UK driver’s license
• Living within a 15 min drive from Henley-on-Thames
• Brilliant checkable references
If this sounds of interest, and you meet the essential criteria, please apply within or get in touch to find out more.
Location: Belsize Park, LondonContract: FreelanceSalary: Up to £350 per day A lovely family is looking to hire an inventive and down-to-earth Chef on a freelance basis to cover for their...
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Private/Family Personal Assistant to join a highly established and respected international single-family office in Central London.As a Family Personal Assistant, you will...
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Team Assistant to join a highly established and respected single-family office to provide administrative/receptionist support on a maternity cover contract. This is...