SENIOR BUTLER FOR HIGH-PROFILE UHNWI
Apply for this job as a guest or log in to use your profile
SENIOR BUTLER FOR HIGH-PROFILE UHNWI
This is a very hands-on role where you will be responsible providing impeccable standards of service, leading from the front and assisting the team with all of their duties.
The current household staff team consists of approximately 20 staff, many of whom have been with the principal for a number of years. The principal has impeccable standards across his properties and you will be responsible to ensure those are maintained at all times.
Predominately London based, this is a live-out position. Working days within this household are unpredictable, so flexibility with hours and days is essential. Occasional international travel may be required, and out of hours on-call will be expected.
- Overseeing household operations and ensuring all elements of the households are smooth running.
- Ensuring properties are fully supplied, maintaining household lists and inventories
- Engaging and overseeing outside contractors, service providers and suppliers
- Working alongside all household staff including other butlers, housekeepers, cleaners, chefs, private secretary and security – ensuring that all duties are being carried out appropriately and to a high - standard
- Assist in producing staff rota and schedule
- Responsible for training and continued professional development of other staff
- Working closely with the private office to stay across the movements of the principal
- Butler and table service to the principal and guests
- Care of valuables, such as antiques, art etc
- Maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness of the properties
- Event planning and coordination
- Clothing and wardrobe management, including management of cleaning and laundry standards
- Accurate and timely administration and reporting.
- Always being available when the principal is in the UK and in residence (typically 6-7 months of the year)
- Preparing the properties appropriately for when the principal is in residence – down to ensuring details such as flowers, cosmetics and dietary supplements are in their correct places
- Assisting all other house staff as necessary, including daily cleaning
- Management of consumables (lightbulbs etc)
- Running errands as required
- Extensive experience as a Butler within a high net worth household
- Demonstrable background in setting and maintaining impeccable standards
- Excellent standard of verbal and written English
- Hands-on approach, willing to be personally involved in all household operations
- Polished and well-presented and an ambassador for the principals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Flexible in approach, and adaptable to new ways of working
- Team player who enjoys working with different types of people
- Copes well with last-minute requests
- Trustworthy, works discreetly and handles confidential information appropriately
- Happy to travel at short notice, sometimes for extended periods
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent checkable reference
If this role sounds of interest, and you meet the essential criteria, please apply within or get in touch to find out more.
An ultra-high net worth family are looking for a qualified and experienced Nanny to care for their two primary-school-aged children in their Mumbai home, with travel to the family’s yacht...
CHIEF STEWARDESS NEEDED FOR 50M CHARTER MOTOR YACHT IN THE USA CURRENTLY IN THE BAHAMASStart Date: 1st November 2020Schedule: Caribbean Winter – Med SummerOur client is looking for an excellent...
Our clients are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Housekeeper to join their team in their private Oxfordshire Estate. We are looking for someone who is motivated in their work...