HOUSE MANAGER/BUTLER FOR HIGH-PROFILE UHNWI
Apply for this job as a guest or log in to use your profile
HOUSE MANAGER/BUTLER FOR HIGH-PROFILE UHNWI
This is a very hands-on role where you will be responsible for not only managing and but also providing impeccable standards of service, leading from the front and assisting the team with all of their duties.
The current household staff team consists of approximately 20 staff, many of whom have been with the principal for a number of years. The principal has impeccable standards across his properties and you will be responsible to ensure those are maintained at all times.
Predominately London based, this is a live-out position. Working days within this household are unpredictable, so flexibility with hours and days is essential. Occasional international travel may be required, and out of hours on-call will be expected.
- Management of all household operations including two London residences & a property outside of London, plus occasional trips to principal’s European residences
- Ensuring all properties are fully supplied, maintaining household lists and inventories
- Engaging and overseeing outside contractors, service providers and suppliers
- Financial management, budget administration, and purchasing
- Overseeing tasks and performance of household staff, including work schedules and performance reviews
- Working alongside all household staff including other butlers, housekeepers, cleaners, chefs, private secretary and security – ensuring that all duties are being carried out appropriately and to a high standard
- Producing staff rota and schedule
- Responsible for training and continued professional development of household staff
- Arranging external trainers to teach staff on aspects of property maintenance, care of artwork, service and other important areas
- Creating written checklists to help staff fulfil their daily duties e.g. evening lights list, daytime windows list
- Running a weekly household staff meeting
- Working closely with the private office to stay across the movements of the principal
- Butler and table service to the principal and guests
- Care of valuables, such as antiques, art etc.
- Maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness of the properties
- Event planning and coordination
- Clothing and wardrobe management, including management of cleaning and laundry standards
- Accurate and timely administration and reporting
- Always being available when the principal is in the UK and in residence (typically 6-7 months of the year)
- Preparing the properties appropriately for when the principal is in residence – down to ensuring details such as flowers, cosmetics and dietary supplements are in their correct places
- Assisting all other house staff as necessary, including daily cleaning
- Management of consumables (light bulbs etc)
- Running errands as required
- Managing visitors and deliveries.
- Extensive experience as a Butler and/or House Manager
- Experience of household or yacht operations within an ultra-high net worth environment
- Demonstrable background in setting and maintaining impeccable standards
- Excellent standard of verbal and written English
- Hands-on approach, willing to be personally involved in all household operations
- Polished, well-presented and an ambassador for the principals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Flexible in approach, and adaptable to new ways of working
- Team player who enjoys working with different types of people
- Copes well with last-minute requests
- Trustworthy, works discreetly and handles confidential information appropriately
- Happy to travel at short notice, sometimes for extended periods
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent checkable references.
If this role sounds of interest, and you meet the essential criteria, please apply within or get in touch to find out more.
An ultra-high net worth family of 5 (3 children) based in North London (Hampstead) are seeking to hire an experienced, hard-working Russian-speaking Head Housekeeper to work on a rotational basis...
We have a really exciting opportunity for a Property/House Manager working for an ultra-high net worth individual to oversee their London and European residences. You will be responsible for ensuring...
We have a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate to join a team of Private Personal Assistants as a Junior Private PA to support an ultra-high net worth individual in...